FocusMe Community
Changing default sound effects/messages? - Printable Version

+- FocusMe Community (https://community.focusme.com)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://community.focusme.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Getting Help (https://community.focusme.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Changing default sound effects/messages? (/showthread.php?tid=3291)

Changing default sound effects/messages? - miyazakipiiman - 07-19-2022

The Pomodoro feature for FocusMe has served me well. It's allowed me to study my digital flashcards without having to force myself to. But I've been trying to figure out how to change the default sound effect and message that plays whenever the Pomodoro starts.

I'm ultimately trying to use FocusMe to gamify studying but it doesn't feel very much like a game when I see a message saying "Begin work!" with a default xylophone jingle, you know? So I'm trying to change that. I'm going to see if I can do it myself while this thread floats around, but I would like to know one of two things:
1. Is there a way to manually change them in the program files itself? (i.e. switching out a .wav file and replacing the default message in a text file or something)
2. Is there any hope that this will be added as a default feature?

I was unsure whether to put this in the Getting Help section or the Suggestions and Feedback section cause it kind of overlaps with both, but for now I'm putting it in the Getting Help section.

Thanks.

RE: Changing default sound effects/messages? - FocusMe Admin - 07-23-2022

(07-19-2022, 10:47 PM)miyazakipiiman Wrote: The Pomodoro feature for FocusMe has served me well. It's allowed me to study my digital flashcards without having to force myself to. But I've been trying to figure out how to change the default sound effect and message that plays whenever the Pomodoro starts.

I'm ultimately trying to use FocusMe to gamify studying but it doesn't feel very much like a game when I see a message saying "Begin work!" with a default xylophone jingle, you know? So I'm trying to change that. I'm going to see if I can do it myself while this thread floats around, but I would like to know one of two things:
1. Is there a way to manually change them in the program files itself? (i.e. switching out a .wav file and replacing the default message in a text file or something)
2. Is there any hope that this will be added as a default feature?

I was unsure whether to put this in the Getting Help section or the Suggestions and Feedback section cause it kind of overlaps with both, but for now I'm putting it in the Getting Help section.

Thanks.

Ah, glad that you brought that up! Currently, that's a feature that we aren't supporting yet but we can definitely submit a feature request about that. Please do it here so that we can also ask everyone's thoughts about it: https://focusme.com/feature-requests/

Our devs normally look into that and take actions based on the public's demand. But definitely, every feature request is being considered. Wink

RE: Changing default sound effects/messages? - orabellemia - 05-16-2023

As for the possibility of adding this as a default feature in future updates, it would be best to suggest it in the "Suggestions and Feedback" section of the FocusMe forum or contact their support directly. They may consider adding this customization option based on user feedback and demand.
Remember to backup any files you modify or replace in the program files to avoid any issues. 
tunnel rush 

RE: Changing default sound effects/messages? - paytonkutch - 08-15-2023

Good thing you said that! We don't have support for it just yet, but we can certainly put in a request for it. Do it here so we can poll everyone on their ideas, too.

RE: Changing default sound effects/messages? - shadekind - 11-02-2023

It sounds amazing. I like your idea. gorilla tag

RE: Changing default sound effects/messages? - ajrvossiaretn - 12-18-2023

I agree with this idea. I am a teacher and want to create games to serve students' learning. I think if these messages and effects can be set to suit the user's needs, it will enhance the applicability of FocusMe. 

RE: Changing default sound effects/messages? - nidleatt - 12-27-2023

In order to prevent complications, ensure that you create a backup of any program files that you modify or replace
geometry dash subzero

RE: Changing default sound effects/messages? - FocusMe Admin - 12-28-2023

Hello, All! 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this! It's been passed over to out devs for consideration.

Btw, watch out for the new UI/UX of the FocusMe app! We'll be releasing them early next year. Smile

Cheers! 

Ryan

The FocusMe Support Team